Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My First Three Days In CR














Spell check is not working for me, so don't make fun.

In the short time being here I have already become aquainted into the day-to-day Costa Rican lifestyle. I knew minimal spanish phrases and being welcomed into my host family's home who will only speak spanish to us has been very interesting. I have survived so far by smiling, giving thumbs up and down, and lots of hugs. But I am already picking up the language through conversations and relaying on Evan to be my translator. My host family has been amazing despite the language and I feel completely comfortable and welcomed.

My host mom, Martiza, has gone out of her way to make me feel comfortable and has been incrediably friendly. I was definately excited to experience new types of food and I have yet to be disapointed, the meals have been delicious and hearty. My host mom works as a caterer in her spare time and it definatly shows. My host siblings have been easy to get along with and have been helpful in picking up local customs and tips on the bar scene.

I have been surprised how easy it has been for the entire group to bond. I feel like I have known these people for years not days and I look forward to the weekend at the hot spings and the other adventures that will take place.


















No comments: